Robert M. Klein
Drone Injury Accidents
Introduction: A Guide for Drone Injury Accident Victims
A few years ago, who would have thought we'd need to write a book about what to do if you've been injured in an accident involving a drone? Yet here we are. With the proliferation of private and commercial drone use over the past several years, we're seeing increasing reports of drone-related injuries. The FAA reported nearly 600 close calls involving drones during the last four months of 2016 alone. They've even begun dropping drones on crash test dummies to determine their impact. In August, 2016, the United Kingdom had its first recorded drone-related fatality. Unless tighter regulations are put in place and enforced, it's only a matter of time before drone injury accidents become commonplace.
Thankfully, the legal structures are already in place to protect the rights of citizens who sustain injuries due to reckless or illegal drone use. The following pages should serve as a roadmap to help you understand your legal rights and create a plan of action in the event you become one of these victims-or indeed, if you've already been a victim.
Here's what we'll cover in the pages to follow:
- The First Week after the Drone Accident: What you should do in the first minutes, hours and days to protect your rights and increase your chances for receiving fair compensation for your injuries.
- California Drone Laws and Regulations: An overview of the rules California law has already put in place for drone use, and how you can leverage those rules to your advantage if you become a victim.
- The Road to Justice: How you can work with a qualified personal injury attorney to ensure you receive fair and adequate compensation for a drone accident.
- Your Privacy Rights: What does the law say about drone use and your right to privacy? What do you do if your privacy has been violated by a drone user?
- Examples of Drone Disasters: What types of incidents have already occurred with drone mishaps, and what were the outcomes?
- The Future of Drones and Accident Law: What new challenges can we expect as the technology continues evolving, and how might the laws adapt to these challenges to protect citizens moving forward?
By the time you finish these sections, you'll have a much better grasp on how to move forward as a drone accident victim to get the compensation you deserve-and more importantly, you'll be better prepared to move ahead with life after the accident. We'll conclude our series with a few additional resources to guide your path forward.
If you need help now in a personal injury accident, we're here to help. Contact Robert M. Klein today at 310-820-6700.